AliKats is a small independent chalet company based in Morzine, run by Al & Kat Judge. We started with one chalet in 2011 and have now expanded our portfolio to consist of 6 catered and 7 self-catered chalets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a close knit and high achieving team. We won the Morzine Source award for best customer service last year and pride ourselves on creating the best chalet experience humanly possible.
We invest a lot of time and effort at the start of each season to create a well-bonded and high functioning team and also provide extensive ongoing support throughout the season. We believe that if our team is happy, healthy and having fun that all of the other details will follow.
Objective of the role
We’re looking for a capable and energetic individual who has a talent for people management and also has a very good eye for detail. The Resort Manager is responsible for helping the owners (Al and Kat) to manage the rest of the team, ensuring that they are delivering an exceptional level of customer service to our discerning guests on a daily basis.
They will also be overseeing the key team members responsible for the keeping the chalets spotlessly clean and in a good state of repair, well stocked and running efficiently. We provide all of the training and processes in order to achieve this but the day to day responsibility for carrying out spot checks, stock counts etc. lies with the Resort Manager.
The job will best suit someone who has strong leadership skills, is very organized and efficient, has a passion for hospitality and an ability to tackle problems as they arise in a calm and professional manner.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Helping to set the chalets (including the staff house) up at the start of the season
- Working with another Resort Manager to manage the chalet hosts, drivers and housekeeping team which involves providing initial training, regular feedback and support as needed.
- Overseeing weekend changeovers in the chalets on a Saturday and Sunday
- Carrying out regular spot-checks throughout the chalets to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Maintaining stock levels of all housekeeping products.
- Dealing with guest issues.
- Working with the maintenance manager to keep chalets in a good state of repair.
- Covering the hosts morning off in one chalet on a Thursday
- Helping to tidy up afternoon tea in the chalets on host nights off
- Providing support with guest slope runs on hosts/drivers days off.
- Check-ins and check-outs for guests as needed.
- Managing the chalet equipment such as cots and high chairs and ensuring it is in the right chalet at the right time.
- Working with the Fleet manager to keep all vehicles on the road and in a good condition and to manage the driver schedule accordingly. This involves taking vans for repairs, creating and updating a rota on a spreadsheet, communicating with all drivers.
- Communicating any issues in a timely manner
- Helping to clean down the chalets (including the staff house) at the end of the season
This is a flexible position so responsibilities may vary through the course of the season as the need arises.
Skills & Experience
- Previous people management experience
- Previous chalet or similar hospitality experience
- Full driving license plus at least 3 years driving experience (preferably including driving a van or minibus)
- At least 5 years professional experience
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to be self-starting and adaptable.
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience as a Resort Manager
- Some French would be an advantage
- Reasonable cooking ability
- Basic DIY skills
- An interest in the environment and sustainable hospitality
- Employment from c.18th November to 21st April 2020 (The finish date will be confirmed by 1st Feb 2020)
- Competitive salary based on experience level. This is paid into a bank account of your choice on a monthly basis in arrears.
- Full Portes du Soleil season pass (worth c.€850)
- Free ski/snowboard equipment hire
- Good standard of accommodation; You will have your own private studio apartment.
- 1 day off per week
- All food & drink provided, including on days off.
- Carte Neige emergency accident insurance (you will require your own travel insurance with winter sports cover)
- We will pay for travel from/to UK/Europe & airport transfers (to/from GVA airport).
- AliKats uniform
- Vehicle for use in resort or petrol money if using own vehicle.
If you would like to join our wonderful AliKats team for a winter packed with adventure, challenges and lots of fun then please send us a personalized cover letter, recent photo and CV.