The primary purpose of this role is to undertake all the liaison and planning needed to ensure that the guests' holiday is exactly as they wish it, determining customer requirements and organising all the various details of their trip. The job holder also provides general support to ensure the smooth running of operations.
Note : this is NOT a supervisory position, i.e., no staff report in.
From early October 2018 to early May 2019
Competitive package includes travel, accommodation, food and drinks and more!
Over 21 years (required for car insurance purposes)
- Computer literacy, in particular skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, is essential
- Ability to converse fluently (or near-fluently) in French is essential
- Driving licence and 3 years post qualification experience is essential
- Competent at record keeping and document management
- A high degree of numeracy, accuracy and thoroughness, is essential
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry is essential, familiarity with Méribel is highly desirable.
- Prior experience of book-keeping and basic accountancy packages is highly desirable
- Previous experience of driving large vehicles, on snow and/or overseas is desirable.
- All contact with clients after a booking has been confirmed, to plan / prepare for holidays, including correspondence with clients by email / phone and all follow-up and "chasing"
- Ensures completeness of planning and also completeness of information in database
- Provides guest-related information to staff and ensure information is received and used
- Manages supplies of gifts, toiletries and slippers etc. for guests, orders and distributes as necessary
- Helps ensure that special occasionals and events (e.g., birthdays and anniversaries but also guest injuries and illness) are appropriately recognised and managed
- Deals with client enquiries prior to the confirmation of a holiday booking
Sales and Marketing
- Responds to all sales enquiries relating to Purple Ski
- Confirms bookings relating to Purple Ski, responds to post-booking queries
- Invoices for ancillary services (massages, airport transfers etc)
- Follows up as required regarding overdue booking forms, invoices, payments
- Reviews and actions daily aged debt reports
- Prepares and sends out newsletters
- Manages relationship with existing and new sales agents
General Administration/Operations Support
- Helps with preparations at the start of the season and with closing down at the end of the season, including:
- preparation and closing down of staff accommodation
- general administrative tasks at the start of the season (e.g., preparation of guest information and chalet equipment)
- Supports in the organisation and delivery of start of season training
- taking staff to and from the airport
- Supports chalet staff as required, answering questions and dealing with special requests from guests
- On an occasional basis, provides airport transfers for guests
- Prepares the weekend logistics sheet, planning airport transfers and providing summary chalet changeover/preparation information.
- Supports sales and marketing activities, including preparing newsletters, updating Facebook page, Twitter
- On an emergency basis (e.g., in the event of staff absence/sickness), provides cover for chalet staff and chalet assistant/drivers
- Helps ensure that any accidents and emergencies involving guests or staff are promptly and effectively dealt with
- On an exceptional basis, goes shopping to buy emergency provisions as required