If as a couple you want to head to the mountains for a winter season but you strive on changes of pace and can adapt quickly, then the relief couple role with Time of Your Life Travel is the one for you. No experience necessary – as we train you for all you need to know to do the job - you just need to have a great personality, plenty to talk about and a commitment to deliver fantastic customer service to our guests.
Why Choose Time of Your Life Travel?
Time of Your Life Travel Ltd has taken over the award winning brand of Ski Amis. The Company Directors are the proof that with the right attitude and work ethic you can succeed. All three Directors had established themselves at Ski Amis Ltd and when the opportunity arose to take on the reins they made it happen.
Working a winter season could be one of the best experiences of your life. You'll make friends for life, take home memories and learn many new work/life skills - as well as perfecting your skiing or snowboarding.
Come and work for an award winning brand next winter. It’s an exciting time to join as the new management team are focused on improving not only our client’s holiday experience but also that of our staff. We are looking for people to take the Ski Amis brand into the next chapter and we are looking for a very special team to mould our future and establish our Time of Your Life key values.
We take pride in our staff and the high quality service they provide – we expect you to work hard and be committed to delivering these levels of quality. There will be plenty of piste time through the season and a competitive remuneration package so you can make the most of your winter season with us! We are a small business that has been running for 30 years. We are a small full time team that would love to welcome you into the family.
Spending your winter as a seasonnaire will be one of your best experiences. You meet friends for life, improve on your skiing with plenty of slope time and you’ll take home so many memories and transferable skills!
The Chalet Relief Couple will be fully trained hosts and their primary purpose is to provide support in any chalet, often at short notice, in any resort and for whatever reason. This could involve a temporary replacement of a chalet couple due to unplanned staff vacancies or sickness – or it could mean assisting a chalet couple where the management believes they need additional training or help.
As Hosts, your roles will include:
- Preparing and Serving Meals
- Daily Cleaning
- Basic Chalet Administration
- Basic Chalet Maintenance
- Transfer Driving
- Weekly Food Shop
In normal “stand-by” circumstances, you will be based in Aime, close to the resort warehouse and office facility – accommodation is provided. When not required to work in a chalet support role, the “stand-by mode” job description as detailed below will apply. During periods of “stand-by” your roles will include:
- Day off cover
- General maintenance and repair of chalets and vehicles which could include basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical tasks, general repairs or vehicle repairs
- Delivery and collection of stock
- Other general tasks as may be required such as snow clearing, shopping and sourcing supplies or assisting in the warehouse
- Transfer driving
- Any other task which may reasonably be requested – this couple will have a flexible role and be expected to cover any gaps in resourcing anywhere in the company
- During the pre-season period, preparation of chalets for the season and stocking the warehouse and chalets to support the Operations Manager
- During the close-down period, year-end inventory counting and chalet close down procedures
This is a key seasonal role in the business which enables us to provide continuity of client service in any circumstances.
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent social skills to deal with guests and staff at all levels
- You must love cooking and know your way around a kitchen with great cooking skills – full training, menus and recipes will be provided
- Both people must be confident drivers, preferably with some experience of winter driving or driving larger vehicles
- Established and flexible couples able to live and work together and able to turn their hand to different tasks as required
- Good maintenance/DIY skills required and some French language skills would be preferable
Our Competitive Benefits Package
- Competitive basic salary paid in the UK
- All expenses paid food and accommodation
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the season from a London airport
- Fully paid training
- A benefits package for seasonal staff including a ski pass, equipment rental and medical insurance
- Work uniform
- Two days off per week
- Holiday accrued as per French rules
- All new staff incentive package
- All applicants must be over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes)
- Be resident and working in the UK with an existing permanent NI number and tax record
Our season starts with fully paid training prior to the first guests arriving, this means you must be available to start on 11th November 2019. We also like our staff to complete the full experience of a winter season in the mountains and therefore you need to be able to work up until 30th April 2020.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
The Time of Your Life “Ski Amis” brand Team