The purpose of this role is to provide general administrative support to Michael and Karen, to provide airport transfers for guests and to support the chalet teams, in particular the chalet assistant/drivers.
From mid October 2019 to early May 2020
Competitive package includes travel, accommodation, food and drinks and more!
Over 21 years (required for car insurance purposes)
- Driving licence and 3 years post qualification experience is essential
- At least 2 years/seasons professional passenger or goods driving exerience (provable) or a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence is essential.
- Previous experience of driving large vehicles, on snow and/or overseas is highly desirable.
- Computer literacy (ideally skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word) is essential
- A high degree of numeracy, accuracy and thoroughness, is essential
- Basic book-keeping/accounting skills and experience and familiarity with computerised accounting packages are desirable
- Competent at record keeping and document management
- Ability to converse fluently (or near-fluently) in French is highly desirable
- Prior hands-on experience in the hotel and catering industry in waitering/waitressing and/ or cleaning/chamber-maiding roles is highly desirable.
General Administration/Operations Support
- Helps with preparations at the start of the season and with closing down at the end of the season, including:
- general administrative tasks at the start and end of the season (e.g., preparation of guest and staff information packs, setting up/closing down/transferring utilites accounts)
- general operational tasks at the start and end of the season (e.g., preparation / closing up of staff accommodation, opening accounts with local suppliers, preparation of chalet-related equipment)
- supporting in the organisation and delivery of start of season training
- taking staff to and from the airport
- Performs ongoing general administrative procedures such as:
- scanning and electronically filing paperwork (invoices, correspondence etc.)
- maintaining office supplies
- sending and receiving post
- checking and dealing with answermachine messages
- Prepares and issues/delivers guest lift passes, also deals with associated invoicing and collection of payments
- Deals with massage-related paperwork and invoicing / payments
- Manages staff claims for sundry expenses (checks for validity and receipts, obtains approval for non-standard items, reimburses and enters into accounts)
- Helps organise staff events
- Covers for the Customer Services Manager on his/her day off as required
- Supports sales and marketing activities, including preparing newsletters, updating Facebook page, Twitter
- On an emergency basis (e.g., in the event of staff absence/sickness), provides cover for chalet staff and chalet assistant/drivers
- Helps ensure that any accidents and emergencies involving guests or staff are promptly and effectively dealt with
- On an exceptional basis, goes shopping to buy emergency provisions as required
- On up to 2 days per week (usually Sundays + 1 other day as required/assigned), provides airport transfers for guests
- On 1-2 mornings or evenings, works in assigned chalets, covering for the chalet assistant/driver. Main duties on these evenings are:
- driving guests within the Meribel Valley as required, helping them load and unload ski equipment as necessary
- helping with washing and cleaning up before and during evening service
- carrying out bedroom turn-down service during evening dinner service
- looking after the chalet spa facilities (hot tub and sauna/hammam)
- lighting and tending the fire
- Shares (with the Customer Services Manager) the checking, cleaning and re-fueling of own car weekly