If you are an experienced child carer looking for the first opportunity in team management, this role is the perfect opportunity for you. You will be supporting the Resort Childcare Manager in everything that they do, being their ‘right hand man (or woman!)’ for all operations. Ski Famille child carers and nannies are the reason that so many of our guests return year after year so successful delivery of this element of our product is key to our continue success and market leading position.
You will be a key member of the team; your opinions and knowledge are invaluable to the success of the season. You will be working with children, parents, chalet colleagues and your line manager.
Above all, you will show a dedication and passion towards ensuring that our guests, of all ages, have the best possible holiday. A positive attitude and genuine enthusiasm will be your key characteristics.
Resort Childcare Supervisor Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent carefree holiday to all traveling guests, by providing our brochured childcare services
- Assist the Resort Childcare Manager in motivating, and overseeing the childcare team including pastoral care during their employment
- Assist the Resort Chiildcare Manager in delivering feedback to children’s families using our preferred system – usually ‘TAPESTRY’ – consequently a working knowledge of this would be useful.
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in everything that you do
- Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and actively seeking out opportunities and revenue streams and sales opportunities to make their holiday fun, trouble free and generating revenue for Ski Famille
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost.
- Close professional liaison with all parents or guardians, before and during the provided childcare hours
- Assisting the Resort Childcare Manager in stock control of all company childcare resort consumables
- Maintaining and developing a positive working relationship with all our key suppliers, ie chalet owners and ski schools
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- Either NVQ Level 3, NNEB, CACHE, BTEC, RGN, RSCN, or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven childcare experience and be fully qualified to work with young babies
- Ideally the holder of an industry appropriate First Aid certificate
- Driving experience, ideally of vehicles bigger than cars and ‘on the wrong side of the road’
- Great self-motivation and organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible, enthusiastic, approachable, and diplomatic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances & to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult & child holiday needs
- Experience of managing a young team in a foreign environment
- A proactive problem solver especially when under pressure
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable & would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Availability for the whole season (November until end of April)
- Full Clean Driving Licence (held for at least 2 years)
- Age 21 or over (age restrictions apply due to the insurance on vehicles)
- Most nationalities but please see our applicant eligibility criteria
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- We require all staff to obtain a police-check such as the UK DBS and we will take up at least two references
How to apply
Create a 2 minute video which tells us:
-About a time you excelled in customer service whether it was in a previous job, or in a life experience situation
-About a time in your life you found challenging and what you did to overcome it. Give as much detail as you are comfortable with
Make sure you include your name and the role that you are applying for.
Upload your video to Youtube/Vimeo (or a platform of your choice) and email us a link along with your CV to email@example.com
Don’t forget, your video is 1 of 1000’s that we will view, make sure yours is one that we will remember.
Have fun and good luck!