Chalet Couple | Meribel Season 2022-23
Considering working a ski season as a couple?
Are you a lively couple with a passion for cooking and skiing?
It's not hard to have a great time out in the Alps, but choosing the right company will make a huge difference to your season. Alpine Action is proud of its reputation for looking after our guests as well as all our staff. Alpine Action is a privately owned company which has been providing catered chalet holidays in Meribel for 29 years
The company was originally started in 1993 because of a passion for skiing and is still run day to day by those same people.
We offer a selection of Catered Chalets in the Resort of Meribel in The Three Valleys.
As a Chalet Couple, you will live and work with your partner to run a successful, welcoming chalet and provide a memorable holiday to all our clients. It is essential that at least one-half of the couple have cooking qualifications, either professional cooking experience or be undertaking a chalet-styled cookery course. You should both have previous hospitality industry experience, this is so you are confident in your role as Chalet hosts. The cuisine and service provided by you will include a breakfast; freshly prepared afternoon tea, children's high tea, canapés and a 3-course evening meal for 5 days a week.
You should be well presented with a flexible happy and "can-do" attitude.
You will need to be:
- A couple or two friends - please do not apply if you are a solo host
- Ideally over 21 years of age, or be able to demonstrate excellent customer service experience.
- Able to confidently cater for 5 days a week, so have cooking experience - or be taking a cookery course prior to the season.
- Passionate about skiing or snowboarding.
- An approachable and friendly nature is essential.
- You will need to create a warm, friendly ‘home from home environment in your chalet.
- Keep the chalet to a high standard of cleanliness. We do a mid-week room clean and towel change, and communal areas will be maintained daily.
- As part of our overseas team, you will need to be flexible, adaptable, self-motivated and use your own initiative.
- You should have excellent communication skills coupled with the capacity of working under pressure.
How to apply?
When replying please ensure that have included the answers to these questions:
- What is your practical cooking experience?
- Do you hold a valid driving licence and are over 21 years?
- Have you been on a chalet holiday before? - This is not a requirement.
- Please state your skiing or snowboarding experience - You do not need to be an expert at either, but you must have a passion
To process your application to the next stage please send back:
- The answers to our questions above.
- Your CV
- Menu plan (6 days including vegetarian options).
- A recent photo of you
What do we offer in return? Your chance to ski for 5 months almost every day, to be part of a fantastic team, your season accommodation, a highly competitive salary, all your meals when working, ski/board hire for the season. You will also get two days off a week.