At Ski Famille and more recently with Ski Vertigo, we have 32 years’ experience of providing the best ski holidays for our guests. Which means, we have 32 years of experience employing and offering a fantastic opportunity to lots of charismatic, hard working and skilled seasonnaires who deliver incredible holidays year after year….and so many of our team return year after year!
So, are we for you? We carefully select our teams to ensure their expectations and our expectations align in order to create happy guests and happy employees. If you’re ready to work hard, make friends for life and experience a challenging but rewarding winter season that will gear you up for future opportunities and enhance your CV, have a look below.
As the face of Ski Famille/Ski Vertigo you will be our key intermediary between guests. Your role is primarily to facilitate an enjoyable and smooth guest experience for all our traveling guests. You will be fully responsible for everything that occurs within the chalets within your resort and managing and motivating your team. You will also be expected to work closely with the Resort Childcare Manager to ensure our product is being delivered cohesively in all resorts.
This is a very diverse role and includes everything from staff management and motivation to stock-control, guest welfare and overseeing chalet maintenance. It is an involved position requiring a high level of energy, commitment and a proactive approach. This position is ideally suited to an experienced manager (ideally from the travel or hospitality sectors) looking for their next step up in a small business dedicated to providing a high level of service.
Resort Manager Responsibilities
• Take responsibility in providing an excellent carefree holiday to all traveling guests, by providing regular chalet visits
• Managing, motivating, and overseeing the chalet team including pastoral care during their employment
• Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in everything that you do
• Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families
• Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and actively seeking out opportunities and revenue streams and sales opportunities to make their holiday fun, trouble free and generating revenue for Ski Famille
• Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost.
• Co-ordinate and effectively and efficiently manage all guest arrivals and departures on Transfer day
• Maintaining and developing working relationships with all our key suppliers, ie chalet owners and ski schools
• Develop a close working relationship with UK colleagues especially Customer Services and Accounts and respond professionally and promptly to any and all information requests.
• Undertake all company paperwork including regular H & S checks professionally and clearly.
• Take full responsibility for all company provided IT services and phones
• Take full responsibility for all company provided vehicles and the paperwork requirements around this parameter
• Take full responsibility for any company cash and the recording and safekeeping of this at all times
• Undertake regular staff accommodation checks and manage concerns efficiently
• Undertake weekly chalet checks and monitor, manage and provide feedback to the chalet team concerning chalet standards. Working with your line manager providing training ‘in situe’ if required too.
• In cooperation with the company catering manager, place weekly food, chalet supplies, linen and wine orders, being mindful to careful stock control and management of resources
• Control all your teams working hours and the legal recording of this.
• Ensuring all guests receive any pre ordered ski extras (ski passes/equipment etc) and driving sales on any local opportunities within this parameter.
• Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
• Previous experience in high end hospitality delivery with a critical eye for detail
• Driving experience, ideally of vehicles bigger than cars and ‘on the wrong side of the road’
• Great self-motivation and organisational skills
• Friendly, flexible, enthusiastic, approachable, and diplomatic
• Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances & to guests of all ages
• An understanding of the differences between adult & child holiday needs
• Experience of managing a young team in a foreign environment
• A proactive problem solver especially when under pressure
• Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
• A strong experienced team player
• At least basic French language skills is preferable & would put you ahead of other applicants!
• Availability for the whole season (November until end of April)
• Full Clean Driving Licence (held for at least 2 years)
• Age 21 or over (age restrictions apply due to the insurance on vehicles)
• Most nationalities but please see our applicant eligibility criteria
• Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
• We require all staff to obtain a police-check such as the UK DBS and we will take up at least two references