- Excellent food is at the heart of an AliKats holiday and we work really hard to put together interesting and varied menus that will delight our guests. Almost everything is made from scratch using local, seasonal sustainable ingredients wherever possible. We are looking for a sous chef who understands and shares our values and will ensure that the food being delivered in the chalets each day is of the highest quality.
Tasks & responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Working alongside the head chef to prep the key elements of the evening meal on 5 days per week for an average of up to 50 covers per day for the catered chalet and up to around 30 per day (but usually less) for the self-catered chalets. Including but not limited to: preparing fresh stocks, sauces, preserves, canapés, vegetables, marinading meat, desserts & pastries.
• Preparing meals to meet specific dietary requirements & children’s meals.
• Placing food orders, shopping for ingredients, managing stock levels etc.
• Working to a set menu and set budget.
• Maintaining excellent hygiene standards within the kitchen; correct food storage, washing up, cleaning fridges, freezers & store rooms etc.
• Overseeing the packing & delivery of food to the chalets by the support team.
• Reducing food wastage & increasing efficiencies wherever possible.
• Helping to train the chalet cooks and ensure that food is being served correctly in the chalets.
Skills & experience
• Previous professional cheffing experience at an equivalent level
• Passion for food & cooking
• A positive attitude and willingness to work hard in a fast paced environment
• Strong organisational skills
• Minimum age of 21 (as specified by our vehicle insurer)
• A full driving license that allows you to drive in Europe.
• An interest in skiing/snowboarding or love for the mountains
• Excellent level of spoken English essential, (Good level of French would be helpful).
· Competitive weekly salary
· 2 full days off per week
· Full Portes du Soleil season pass worth c. €850
· A budget of €100 towards travel costs to and from Morzine from the UK or equivalent
· Good standard of accommodation, all bills included.
· Food and drink whilst working
· Full training course prior to the start of the season.
· Holiday pay
· Excellent performance base rewards in the form of monthly team activities and end of season bonus
If you want to be part of an exceptional team, to work hard and play hard this winter, then simply click on the apply now button - we look forward to hearing from you!