Our team of talented and hardworking employees is our biggest asset and their well-being is our highest priority. Our objective as an employer is to provide a rewarding work environment where people can learn new skills, perform to the best of their abilities, be well rewarded for hard work and have plenty of time off to enjoy the beautiful mountains and all of the fun activities available here.
We are currently looking for housekeeping/support host team with a commitment to guest satisfaction to join our team for the 2022/23 winter season. This is a fantastic opportunity for people who want to spend the Winter in the French Alps enjoying life in the mountains - more importantly, the snow, then we can help! This is a fantastic opportunity to get as much ski time as possible and really explore the vast Porte du Soleil as well as having the opportunity to go ski touring, snow shoeing, ice skating, husky sledging and much more.
The role involves a variety of responsibilities, including house keeping, hosting, cooking and driving. So our ideal candidates will be versatile, reliable and detail-oriented.
The chalets are all luxury properties, so we need our team to take pride in their work and be happy to maintain our high standards; whilst ensuring that our guests have the best and most memorable of experiences.
We are looking for people who share our core, values which are:
- Running our business in the most sustainable and environmentally friendly way possible. We have declared a climate emergency and are working towards a position of Net Zero carbon emissions by 2023.
- Creating and supporting dynamic well-bonded teams of people who thrive on hard work, love their jobs and enjoy making the most of life in the mountains.
- Providing superb holiday experiences for our guests to ensure that they continue to come back to stay with us year after year.
- Minimum age of 21
- Excellent level of spoken English
- Valid manual driving license the allows you to drive in Europe
- Recent cleaning or housekeeping experience (we’d like you to be able to provide a reference).
- Hospitality experience would be beneficial.
- The right to work in the EU is essential (it is not open to UK passport holders as it is not possible to get Visas for part time positions.)
The job involves working 20 hours per week across a Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Thursday. With the opportunity to increase your hours and earn more during the week. Here is what a normal working week with Alikats Mountain Holidays would look like for you:
Saturday and Sunday:
You will be preparing our luxury chalets for incoming guests, ensuring the highest standards are met to really deliver that wow factor once they arrive. This includes:
• Stripping & re-making beds.
• Thoroughly cleaning bathrooms and laying out fresh towels.
- Cleaning the kitchen & all living areas including windows and all kitchen appliances.
• Tidying patios, terraces & garden areas including cleaning garden furniture, clearing snow and cleaning the Jacuzzi.
- Washing towels and sorting laundry for collection.
• Keeping store cupboards well organised.
Monday and Thursday:
On these days you will be hosting a breakfast service in one of our catered chalets. This is a largely guest-facing role so you must be a warm, open person, and enjoy helping people.
• Arriving in the chalet and clearing away glasses and bottles from the night before and giving the living spaces a general tidy.
- Laying the table and beautifully arranging a continental breakfast.
•Preparing and setting up the tea and coffee station.
•Prepping the breakfast ready for guests’ arrival.
•Taking breakfast orders and serving the food.
•Clearing away breakfast after everyone has finished.
•Driving guests to the slopes.
•Laying out a beautifully displayed cake for afternoon tea.
•Servicing guests rooms.
This position allows you plenty of time off to ski and explore the huge and varied terrain of the Portes Du Soleil – 650km of linked pistes!
Be part of a high performing, supportive and fun team in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Work for a company that cares about your well-being
Be part of an organization that takes sustainability practices seriously and makes every effort to minimize the impact on our beautiful Alpine environment.
This part time position comes with a comprehensive package including all food, a good standard of accommodation in a shared chalet in Montriond and free ski hire.
Our season runs from the 1st of December to the end of April, but for the right people there is the possibility to end extend your contract to a year-round position, and allow you to experience the beautiful French Alps in all its stunning seasons. The role comes with an excellent package including accommodation.
For more information please get in touch with us by email at email@example.com