Meribel & La Tania - Chalet Couple
You could be joining one of the best teams in the The Valleys. It's not hard to have a great time out in the Alps, but choosing the right company can make a huge difference to your season. Alpine Action is proud of their reputation for looking after our guests as well as our staff.
What working for us is like Video
What we do when we are not working Video
Just some of the reasons why working for Alpine Action is the best choice you can make!
- Experienced and Supportive Resort Management - who also love the mountains, skiing and boarding!
- Town Centre Chalets and next to the piste - so clients love them!
- You get to ski on a Saturday, the quietest day on the slopes, as transfers are Sundays.
- Excellent Staff Accommodation
- 1.5 days off a week
- A Three Valley Ski Pass
As a Chalet Couple you will live and work with your partner to run a successful and welcoming chalet holiday to all our clients. It is essential that at least one half of the couple have cooking qualifications, professional cooking experience or be undertaking a chalet style cookery course. This is so you are confident in providing your clients with delicious cuisine during their holiday.
This includes breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and a 3-course evening meal 6 days a week. You should be well presented with a flexible happy attitude.
- Passionate about skiing/snowboarding, cooking and entertaining, be able to confidently cook to a high standard.
- An approachable and friendly nature is essential.
- You will need to create a warm, friendly ‘home from home’ environment in your chalet.
- Keep the chalet to a high standard of cleanliness in all bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas.
- Running a chalet has the responsibility of food and wine ordering, linen inventories and shopping, all of which is monitored weekly by Resort Administrator/ Management.
Applicants must be over 21 years old, for insurance purposes.
All applicants must have a UK Bank account and valid National insurance number.
Salary & Benefits
You will attend an in resort training course at the beginning of the season with our Management Team and spend time in one of our chalets with other hosts learning about all aspects of the job. This usually lasts 4 -5 days before you then move into you allocated Chalet and Staff Accommodation. This is a fun, but intensive course before you start preparations for the arrival of your first guests. The training course will not enable you to cook from scratch but will illustrate the level of cooking we expect and the standards you are to uphold through your contract.
- Competitive salary paid monthly into your UK bank account.
- Accommodation: A standard chalet double/ twin room or external shared apartment.
- Food allowance.
- Three Valley Ski Pass
- Medical and Accident Insurance
- Ski/Board Equipment Hire.
- Alpine Action Uniform Jacket/Polo shirts and apron – You will need a smart pair of black jeans/trouser and indoor shoes whilst in the chalet.
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of contract.
- 1 full day off and one morning off per week, plus plenty of free skiing. Exception: Sunday (changeover day) & Friday (shopping morning).
- In-resort training
- Approximately 9 days holiday pay, paid at end of contract.
- Contract is from around 11 Dec until mid-April.
Sound good and want to apply?
Please send copies of your CV's a 6 day menu plan and a recent photo of you both.