Our Childcare Manager has an involved role at the heart of our resort management team. The Childcare Manager is the champion of all childcare issues within their resort and you will work closely with the Resort Manager to ensure our product is being delivered cohesively. Ski Famille child carers and nannies are the reason that so many of our guests return year after year so successful delivery of this element of our product is key to our continue success and market leading position.
You will be a key member of the team; your opinions and knowledge are invaluable to the success of the season. It is mainly a hands off role, although there will be times when it is necessary to work with your team in our chalets, during high pressure weeks and in case of sickness.
Above all, you will show a dedication and passion towards ensuring that our guests, of all ages, have the best possible holiday. A positive attitude and genuine enthusiasm will be your key characteristics
Resort Childcare Manager Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent carefree holiday to all traveling guests, by providing our brochured childcare service
- Managing, motivating, and overseeing the childcare team including pastoral care during their employment
- Delivery of feedback to children’s families using our preferred system – usually ‘TAPESTRY’ – consequently a working knowledge of this would be useful.
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in everything that you do
- Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and actively seeking out opportunities and revenue streams and sales opportunities to make their holiday fun, trouble free and generating revenue for Ski Famille
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost.
- Close professional liaison with all parents or guardians, before and during the provided childcare hours
- Stock taking, control and if necessary ordering of all company childcare resort consumables
- Monitoring, recording and reporting the cleanliness condition and H & S of playrooms
- Maintaining and developing a positive working relationship with all our key suppliers, ie chalet owners and ski schools
- Develop a close working relationship with UK colleagues especially Customer Services and accounts and respond professionally and promptly to any and all information requests
- Working with the Resort Manager, manage and control all company resources, eg vehicles, phones, IT equipment
- Undertake regular staff accommodation checks and manage concerns efficiently
- Undertake daily creche checks and monitor, manage and provide feedback to the team. Working with your line manager provide training ‘in situe’ if required too.
- Control all your teams working hours and the legal recording of this.
- Your team should look upon you as an approachable confidant to turn to in times of need, as well as the figure of authority who earns their respect.
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- Either NVQ Level 3, NNEB, CACHE, BTEC, RGN, RSCN, or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven childcare experience and be fully qualified to work with young babies
- Ideally the holder of an industry appropriate First Aid certificate
- Driving experience, ideally of vehicles bigger than cars and ‘on the wrong side of the road’
- Great self-motivation and organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible, enthusiastic, approachable, and diplomatic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances & to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult & child holiday needs
- Experience of managing a young team in a foreign environment
- A proactive problem solver especially when under pressure
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable & would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Availability for the whole season (November until end of April)
- Full Clean Driving Licence (held for at least 2 years)
- Age 21 or over (age restrictions apply due to the insurance on vehicles)
- Most nationalities but please see our applicant eligibility criteria
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- We require all staff to obtain a police-check