Chalet Hosts Position 2022-23
We are looking for 3 European couples or pairs of close friends (Chalet hosts/chefs) for our team to work in our catered chalets in Bansko, Bulgaria.
Please note - We can only consider those who have the right to live and work in Europe.
Are you a couple or pair of friends looking to have an exciting winter in the mountains?
One of you should be experienced enough to cook healthy and wholesome food for large groups, but it is not necessary to be a professional cook and you will be given recipes to follow.
A keenness to provide a fabulous skiing holiday experience for our guests and maintain our outstanding reputation for customer service is essential. The ability to problem solve, have a positive nature, work well under pressure and be autonomous are also essential qualities.
Early December 2022 - Mid April 2023.
We are a small independent company dedicated to our staff and our guests alike. We hope that in providing for our staff first, this in turn will provide our clients with exceptional service. We are passionate about providing a great holiday experience and exceptional service so that our guests have the perfect skiing holiday and want to return year after year. All 3 of our Bansko chalets have won Travellers Choice awards and Certificates of Excellence from Trip Advisor.
Working for us:
We are looking for team members who are customer focused, hard working, have lots of energy, enjoy meeting a diverse range of people and have a good sense of humour. Our positions would suit those who are self-directed and happy to take on any task to ensure our customers have a brilliant time.
Chalet Cook /Host Duties:
In these roles you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the customer experience in the chalet. This will also include shopping and managing the weekly shopping budget, helping guests get the most out of their time in resort, keeping the chalet sparkling clean, creating a warm and welcoming environment for the guests, and since our chalets are fully catered, this importantly involves preparing and serving high quality breakfast and evening meals for the guests 6 days a week, using our pre-planned menus.
- Deliver an informative welcome speech, ensuring that all sales for après ski activities are maximized to achieve and wherever possible exceed targets set
- Represent Total Chalets at the ski rental shop assisting our guests with ski fit on their arrival
- Collection and distribution of pre-ordered ski passes
- Follow an agreed upon weekly menu (catering for different dietary needs) and cook and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and 3 course dinner on 6 days
- Manage stock levels, food rotation, shopping lists and weekly budget
- Responsible for managing transfer of guests to and from slopes, shops, bars in our minibus
- Work together with an external cleaner on changeover day and check standards
- Maintain excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness (both personal and the chalet itself)
- Basic chalet cleaning and DIY maintenance day to day
- Build a rapport with the guests and positively add to their overall holiday experience
- Publish weekly photos to for marketing purposes on our social media platforms – food served, the snow, chalet photos, resort etc
Our package and benefits
We are a small British owned company and we are on hand to help and support 24/7
- Significantly higher than average salary for hospitality work in Bulgaria
- Opportunity to earn big commissions on in-resort activities
- Cash bonus scheme based on achievements and reviews
- Breakfast and dinner on work days
- Free ski/board hire for the season
- Free use of sauna, steam and pool at nearby hotel
- Company uniform (t-shirts and hoodies)
- One full day off per week
- Discounts at some of the local bars/clubs
Working hours vary depending on how fast, organised and efficient you are. Also depending on guest numbers. Some weeks may have no guests and on those weeks the working hours are much lower but the pay stays the same.
Monday from 7am to 10am and 5pm to 9.30pm
Tuesday from 7am to 10am and 5pm to 9.30pm
Wednesday - Day Off
Thursday from 7am to 10am and 5pm to 9.30pm
Friday from 7am to 11am and 5pm to 9.30pm (Weekly food shop in the morning)
Saturday from 9am to 1pm and 4pm to 9pm (this is guest arrival/departure day)
Sunday from 7am to 10am and 5pm to 9.30pm
We can help arrange accommodation and ski passes for you (deducted from salary)
You will have 2 weeks training in all aspects of the Chalet including practice meals, budget keeping and minibus driving training.
Please email Laura your CVs, cover letters and recent photo to email@example.com
Video interviews will be held online.
Laura and Jay