We are a luxury chalet company, based in the resort of St Martin de Belleville in the 3 Valleys ski area. We are an owner operated business who operate 9 boutique ski chalets, across two brands. We have developed a reputation for luxurious bespoke catered chalet holidays that are tailored to our guests’ needs. We have a passion for delivering the highest levels of service to our clients and our success depends on us finding the right team who share our passion. We are seeking professional, motivated people with the desire to deliver the best possible standards.
The chalet manager is a key role within the business and will work closely with their chalet team, as well as with the executive chef and operations manager. The chalet manger is responsible for ensuring our luxurious brand and product is delivered exceptionally every week of the season by managing their chalet, staff team and resources. Each chalet manager is responsible for 1 chalet and their team (chef and host) so applicants will require strong man-management skills, an eye for detail and great communication skills. This is also a client facing role so requires a smart appearance, great personality, and an experienced candidate.
The role does require driving so you must hold a driving licence.
KEY DUTIES – PRE SEASON
- Undertaking a training course before the resort team arrive and deliver the training programme to the resort team in conjunction with the operations manager.
- Organising and supervising the preparation and cleaning of all chalets prior to the start of the season.
- Help compile inventories for the chalet and inventories for staff accommodation.
- Helping distribute and log staff uniform allocations as required.
- Meeting the local suppliers with whom we work (ski shop, ski school, laundry, bakery etc.) to establish relationships.
KEY DUTIES – IN SEASON
- Ensuring staff wear uniform in an appropriate manner and that they follow guidelines given to them regarding personal appearance and hygiene.
- Ensuring staff discipline and procedures are constantly being followed and take charge of any disciplinary meetings where required.
- Constantly motivating staff, monitoring their performance and identifying any further training requirements.
- Managing staff performance and workload on changeover days to ensure all time deadlines are met and their chalet is ready and signed off for client arrivals.
- Ensuring chalet supplies and stock levels are correct and sufficient at all times.
- Holding weekly chalet team meeting to discuss the upcoming week’s client arrival information, past week’s client feedback and any other issues.
- Planning, with other managers, team activities throughout the season to help motivate employees and build team morale.
- Managing each member’s holiday entitlement and work with the operations manager to allocate holidays accordingly, depending on requirements of the business; this will include maintenance of a holiday and sickness record.
- Where necessary, issuing ski passes to clients and managing payments.
- Accompanying guests to the ski shop to organise equipment hire and to show guests meeting points for lessons/ski school.
- Ensuring any special requests made by clients have been actioned.
- Responsible for client concierge including booking of restaurants, activities, massages etc.
- Maintaining regular contact with clients throughout their holiday ensuring that, if any complaints are made, they are dealt with and resolved without delay.
- Collect client feedback cards from each guest and follow up on any comments/feedback given.
CHALET MANAGEMENT AND CLEANLINESS
- Checking chalet on a daily basis, ensuring all cleaning standards are maintained.
- Conducting chalet visit before and during breakfast/dinner service every day to check the quality and presentation of food being served and the service.
- Ensuring staff are keeping a record of any accidents and breakages within the chalet, checking and signing off on chalet log books.
- Making sure staff are taking responsibility for removing rubbish and recycling from the chalet on a daily basis.
- Responsible for chalet linen and towels and ensuring hosts are ready for changeover and towel change days.
- Ensuring the chalet always has the correct inventory for the clients needs and if not, getting this organised for them.
- Chalet cover in the event of staff sickness or staff shortages. This will not include cooking – only hosting and cleaning.
- Covering breakfast service and daily clean on hosts days off
- Driving clients to and from the slopes and driving staff to/from work when necessary
- Taking any urgent calls during break times (not on day off).
- Snow clearing
- Hot tub checks
- Staff accommodation checks.
KEY DUTIES – POST SEASON
- Managing the chalet teams to clean and shut down chalets and staff accommodation.
- Ensuring chefs shut down their kitchens accordingly (along with executive chef).
- Ensuring chalet staff return hire equipment uniforms, staff linen and towels in a clean and tidy manner.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Salary: £250 per week, paid into a UK bank account on a monthly basis
Days off: 2 days a week (may be 1 full day and 2 half days)
Lift Pass: Full Three Valleys
Dates: mid November till end April (exact dates TBC)
Accommodation: Most probably sharing with 1 other person
- Return travel between the UK and St Martin de Belleville
- Ski or snowboard hire