Subzero Coaching is looking for Ski Instructors with a Level 2 (CSIA, BASI, APSI, NZSIA, IASI or equivalent) working towards their ISIA.
Our partner ski schools rely on us to find their new instructors, so participants of our train and work programme have exclusive access to ski jobs in some of the best private ski schools in Zermatt, Switzerland.
The ISIA training runs from December to April, and teaching hours are available at Christmas, New Year, February Half Term and Easter. Previous team members reached 200+ hours in a season.
- Level 2 qualification
- Language ability: fluent second language highly regarded
- A year or more of experience in Snowsport instruction highly regarded
- EU passport highly regarded
- Up to date First Aid qualification
Who you are
- Enjoy a people-facing role and making the difference to a client’s holiday from good to unforgettable.
- Value professionalism, courtesy, and punctuality.
- Have a friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude.
- An excellent communicator with strong time management and organisational skills
- Passionate about skiing and the ski instructor job
- Teaching skiing in a professional, fun, and safe manner to clients of all backgrounds, and all ages
- Enabling clients to achieve their individual learning goals
- Ensuring you assist clients and guests around the village in a friendly, informative, and courteous manner
- Availability to work up to 7 days a week in the peak weeks, with occasional evening and weekend work
Run by Subzero Coaching, the complete ISIA training programme is run in Zermatt, for 11 weeks throughout the winter season, from December to April.
Going above and beyond training on snow, the course is run by a team of coaches with a broad experience in the areas of the ski teaching, coaching and business management. Together we have created a package different from anything else you find.
Run in small groups, the course includes:
- Over 200 hours of training
- ISIA Tech and Teach-specific training including periodic video analysis sessions
- Off-piste and mountain safety training with specialised coaches and guides
- Second discipline training
- Race training in a dedicated week with World Cup race coach & Freestyle sessions
- Ski service demonstration
- Professionally run languages lessons
- Fitness training sessions with a qualified Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Lectures on Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning, Customer Care and Communication Techniques-
- Travel opportunities to other ski resorts
For more information, visit our dedicated web page.
Why ski with us
- Combined work and training opportunities
- Support in converting into European qualifications (if required)
- Active aid in building a network and insight into Europe’s ski industry
- Professional help in structuring your ski exam calendar and future work commitments
- Pro-deals on equipment
- Pre-season fitness training
- After season assistance with CVs and references
- Assistance in finding additional part time work and finding accommodation
If this sounds like the right role for you, get in touch with us by using the APPLY ONLINE button below ...