Part-time Instructor position with the ISIA Training Programme 2019/2020
Subzero Coaching is looking for Ski Instructors with a Level 2 (CSIA, BASI, APSI, NZSIA, IASI or equivalent) looking to work and train towards their Level 3 with us in Zermatt (CH).
The Work Opportunity
Participants of our ISIA Level 3 team have exclusive access to ski jobs in some of the best private ski schools in Switzerland and Europe. As our partners rely on us to find their new instructors; these positions are only available to our team members. We work with the highest paying ski schools in the country, guaranteeing the best deal to instructors. Teaching hours are available at Christmas, New Year, Feb Half Term and Easter. While hours are not guaranteed, previous generations of team members have easily reached up to 200 hours in a season.
- Level 2 qualification
- Language ability: fluent second language highly regarded
- A year or more of experience in Snowsport instruction highly regarded
- Up to date and current First Aid qualification
Who you are
- Enjoy a people-facing role, skiing and making the difference to a client’s holiday from good to unforgettable.
- Value professionalism, courtesy, and punctuality.
- Have a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude.
- Are an excellent communicator and have strong time management and organisational skills
- Enjoy working in a team
- Teaching skiing in a professional, fun and safe manner to clients of all backgrounds, and all ages
- Enabling clients achieve their individual learning goals
- Ensuring you assist all clients and guests around the village in a friendly, informative and courteous manner
- Availability to work up to 7 days a week in the peak weeks, with occasional evening and weekend work
Run by Subzero Coaching, we offer a complete ISIA training programme in Zermatt, lasting 11 weeks throughout the winter season, from December to April.
Going above and beyond training on snow, the course is run by a team of coaches with a broad experience in the areas of the ski teaching, coaching and business management. Together we have created a package different from anything else you find.
Run in small groups, the course includes:
- Over 200 hours of training
- ISIA Tech and Teach-specific training including periodic video analysis sessions
- Off-piste and mountain safety training with specialised coaches and guides
- Second discipline training
- Race training in a dedicated week with World Cup race coach & Freestyle sessions
- Ski service demonstration
- Professionally-run languages lessons
- Fitness training sessions with a qualified Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Lectures on Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning, Customer Care and Communication Techniques-
- Travel opportunities to other ski resorts.
For more information on this course visit our dedicated web page.
A season with us also included:
- Combined work and training opportunities all in the same winter
- Support in converting into European qualifications (if required)
- Active aid in building a network and insight into Europe’s ski industry
- Professional help in structuring your ski exam calendar and future work commitments
- Pro-deals on equipment
Looking for info on the ski instructing world? You can visit our dedicated ski career section here.
If you are not qualfied yet get in touch, we can help!
If you are ready to bring your game to the next level, or you want more information, use the APPLY ONLINE button below