As a Room Assistant you’ll make sure that our customers walk into their bedrooms and say ‘Wow – this looks great’. It is the most important parts of their experience with us. You’ll make sure that their rooms are cleaned to a standard that is stunning.
As a Room Assistant you will be responsible for the cleaning and presentation of a “section” of customer rooms, public and back of house areas each day. Whilst you probably have a great instinct for cleanliness and presentation, you’ll be given full training and an induction to make sure you know the Alpine Elements way and standards.
As a Room Assistant you will take pride in delivering the highest levels of cleanliness throughout the Hotel. You will ensure guest bedrooms, corridors and public and back of house areas of the property are clean and tidy at all times. You will be highly motivated to ensure that the hotel always meets the company targets for: Trip Advisor, Trust Pilot and Holiday Watchdog reviews, First Impressions, Electronic Customer Satisfaction Questionnaires for cleanliness, creating an inviting & relaxing atmosphere and staff efficiency. This is a physical role so you must be able to cope with the physical demands of regular cleaning duties in bedrooms, bathrooms and corridors.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the Hotels guests expectations are exceeded at all times
- To assist the Hotel Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the Hotel to company standards specifically with regards to the cleanliness throughout the Hotel
- Completing weekly accounts and stock takes for housekeeping to set deadlines using this information to ensure that all budgets and targets are being meet
- Providing staff motivation and development throughout the season where needed
- To develop and maintain relationships with all suppliers
- To assist in ensuring that all sales targets are being achieved throughout the season and helping to initiate and implement new incremental sales
- Internal: Hotel Manager, Assistant Hotel Manager, Heads Of Department, Hotel General staff
- External: Suppliers, Property Owners.
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
- Highly Motivated (E)
- Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
- Ability to cope under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
Skills & Ability
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
- Planning Organisational Skills (E)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- IT / Admin / Social Media (E)
- Training Mentoring (E)
- Relevant Transferable work Experience (E)
- People/ Team management / Supervisory Experience (E)