Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
Working as a Resort Manager for Ski Famille is a very diverse role and includes everything from staff management and motivation to stock-control, guest welfare and overseeing chalet maintenance. It is an involved position requiring a high level of energy, commitment and a proactive approach.
This position is ideally suited to an experienced manager (ideally from the travel or hospitality sectors) looking for their next step up in a small business dedicated to providing a high level of service. You’ll be based in one of the most stunning working environments in Europe and actively seek opportunities to engage with your guests and improve their holiday experience.
There is the potential for continued employment in the UK between winter seasons for the successful candidate.
- Ensuring that our guests are receiving the highest possible levels of service
- Managing, motivating and overseeing the chalet and childcare teams
- Being a figurehead for Ski Famille in one of our resorts
- Maintaining and developing key supplier relationships
- Ensuring all guests receive any pre ordered ski extras (ski passes/equipment etc)
- Co-ordinating all guest arrivals & departures
- Developing and maintaining relationships with guests through regular chalet visits
- Holding regular meetings with your team
- Completing all paperwork efficiently and accurately
- Ensuring that all members of your team are carrying out their roles efficiently and to the high standards that we expect
- Placing all orders of food, chalet supplies, linen and wine
- Generating and processing all in-resort sales
- Ensuring all resort vehicles are properly maintained and used efficiently
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in the hospitality industry, preferably with a ski background. You will have worked in a supervisory or managerial role and will be independent, approachable, responsible and diplomatic.
Excellent communication skills and a well-developed eye for detail are essential. You will be well presented and have an engaging personality. You will have excellent customer service skills and an ability to work without direct supervision.
All applicants must be aged 25 or over (age restrictions are due to insurance on vehicles).
Abilities and Skills Necessary
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to think on feet even under pressure
- Professional and flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Understand excellence in guest relations
- Willing to go “above and beyond”
Qualifications & Requirements
- Full Clean Driving Licence (held for at least 2 years)
- UK National Insurance Number & UK Bank Account
- Strong French language skills
- Previous hospitality experience
- Previous travel industry experience ideally in the ski industry
- Great team leadership skills
- Previous staff management experience
- Availability for the whole season (Late November 2019 until April 2020)
You do not need to have worked in a ski resort before or have language skills, whilst useful, are not required. We will conduct DBS (previously CRB) checks as well as taking up at least two references.