Job Description Resort Manager
As a Resort Manager, we want you to take ownership of your resort and run it as your own. You will need to be an experienced manager who can remain calm under pressure and have the ability to lead and motivate the team. We want you to not only meet but exceed our guests’ expectations and ensure they have the best holiday ever whilst ensuring that your team is organised, efficient, motivated and maintaining the standards set in training. You will effectively manage the day to day running of the resort delivering the highest standard of customer service whilst maintaining and developing good relations with all new and existing suppliers and chalet owners. A very challenging but rewarding position!
- Previous winter chalet Resort Management experience
- Proven team management experience, leadership and motivation skills
- Experience in organising and delivering pre-season and ongoing staff training programs
- Excellent time management and prioritisation, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Must be a confident driver with a clean license and minimum 2 years professional driving experience
- Must have an excellent level of spoken and written French
- Must be over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes)
- Assist Director and Managers during training and chalet preparation weeks.
- Your team:
- Ensure your team are fully briefed on guest arrivals and departures, guest requirements and that they have the necessary tools to do their job effectively. Monitor and manage your team performance and motivation, delivering ongoing training and development ensuring your team complete their duties in accordance with job descriptions and act at all times in the best interests of the company. Ensure the Disciplinary system is managed correctly.
- Ensure that your team are punctual and presentable at all times and that they are cooking and serving food and drinks as defined during pre-season training and following our set menu. Ensure the kitchens and stores are correctly managed (cleaning and organisation) and that cleaning of communal area, rooms and bathrooms is maintained at the standard set in training. Conduct daily checks and transfer day checks to cover each chalet over the course of the week and address any issues.
- Ensure staff accommodation is looked after and kept clean and tidy conducting regular checks.
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety & Hygiene, Health & Safety and Fire regulations at all times and that the necessary records are being completed.
- Ensure effective purchasing, portion and wastage control and stock control (maintain the correct levels of stock and appropriate storage of food, wine, beer, cleaning supplies and wood) in order to not exceed the set budget for the season.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as set out during training. Adhere to company Health and Safety, HACCP & COSHH systems, ensuring full compliance with Health and Safety legislation. Comply with and act in accordance with all company Fire Regulations and to adhere to the company’s Fire Policy.
- Ensure the team applies conscientious practices for efficient energy management (use of electricity, heating, water, large appliances such as washing machines). Ensure equipment is correctly handled and maintained with due care and attention.
- Your guests:
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner at all times and consistently throughout the season. Be presentable with clean uniform at all times. Ensure you visit each chalet to meet the guests at least once at the start of their holiday and once towards the end of their holiday.
- Liaise with guests proactively to ensure they have everything they require and are enjoying their holiday including issuing and taking payment for lift passes, liaising with ski schools and equipment rental shops. Organise and book restaurants (chalet host night off) and any activities for guests. Be very knowledgeable about the chalets, resort and the food and wine we serve. Actively promote Snowchateaux’s services and chalets.
- Deal with any issues or complaints calmly, immediately, competently and professionally offering a solution as quickly as possible. Report all complaints and any feedback (positive and negative).
- Your chalets:
- Organising and maintaining mobiles and internet connections. Organising weekly distribution of linen & towels to all chalets and collection of dirty linen & towels on transfer days. Ensuring continued supply of utilities to all chalets (water & electricity, gas).
- Ensure an effective maintenance system is executed, carry out any non-skilled/non-qualified maintenance and minor repairs in the chalets and source appropriate suppliers for other requirements. Record and report maintenance issues and breakages and any major defects to the Directors.
- Ensure chalet inventories are maintained at all times and repairs and replacements.
- Ensure all properties can be accessed safely and are clear of snow at all times.
- Ensure all hot tubs are maintained and kept spotlessly clean, in a safe condition and hot tub protocol is managed and followed.
- Your vehicles:
- Effectively manage logistics in your resort, be it daily shuttles to and from the slopes, airport transfers on Saturdays and Sundays or restaurant shuttles where required. Be prepared to help out in chalets when needed due to staff injury/illness. It is likely you will be required to do airport runs.
- Ensure all vehicles only undertake necessary journeys, are maintained and roadworthy at all times complying with legislation, that vehicles are cleaned weekly and when necessary and a stock of essential maintenance products is kept. Maintain an effective system for reporting and rectifying defects. Ensure all accidents and police matters are investigated and reported to Directors immediately.
- Ensure all fuel purchased is accounted for and legitimate.
- Your admin:
- Complete and maintain various records to be handed in weekly and monthly.
- Lift passes: control ordering, collection, issue and taking payment for lift passes ensuring all payments are taken in a timely manner and balance with lift passes purchased.
- Petty cash and expenses: Maintain a secure and logged petty cash float in accordance with company processes
You must be prepared to help out in chalets when needed including airport transfers on transfer days and due to staff injury/illness.
You must be available to arrive in resort on 10th November.