We are a luxury chalet company, based in the resort of St Martin de Belleville in the 3 Valleys ski area. We operate 9 boutique ski chalets each with chef, host and chalet manager teams. We have a staff of around 35, including management. We are an owner operated business, now in our seventh year and we have developed a reputation for a luxurious yet friendly catered chalet service that is tailored to our guests’ needs. We have a passion for delivering the highest levels of service to our clients and our success depends on us finding the right team who share our passion. We are seeking professional, motivated people with the desire to deliver the best possible standards.
The resort assistant/chauffeur’s key role is to provide an effective and comprehensive driving service for all clients, as well as supporting the chalet teams. You must therefore have extremely high standards and take pride in your work. This will require a strong work ethic and an ability to self-motivate and manage responsibilities without constant guidance. As a chauffeur, you will be a regular point of contact for our guests on a daily basis so you must have a passion for providing excellent service and always putting the guests’ needs first. Being such a client facing role, you must have great social and conversational skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
You will be fully supported by our management team, who will meet with you regularly and make regular checks on chalets, vehicles etc. You therefore have the full support of management at all times if there are problems that need sorting out; however, our employees will be expected to work on their own initiative and be capable of using their organisational skills to ensure the guests’ needs are always met – our employees are our biggest asset and the face of our company and make a real difference to our success.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Full UK driving license
- Must be at least 21 (for vehicle insurance purposes)
- Previous experience of driving large vehicles and on snow is highly desirable
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and able to converse at all levels with colleagues and guests
- Able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player
- All applicants must be in possession of a UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number
- Driving clients to/from chalet, ski slopes and local shops/attractions
- Taking clients to ski shop when necessary to collect their equipment and assisting them in the process
- Driving staff to/from work
- Responsible for maintaining the vehicles in terms of: cleaning them inside and out on a regular basis and if any damage is caused or repair needing undertaken, informing maintenance management immediately
- Responsible for maintaining a sufficient fuel level in your vehicle to complete the shift period and ensuring a vehicle is not handed onto another member of staff without sufficient fuel
- Checking light bulbs, oil and screen wash on a regular basis
- Regularly sweeping stairs, driveways and terraces at chalets and clearing them when it snows as well as keeping chalet exteriors clean and tidy (clearing away glasses, rubbish etc.)
- Fitting and removing snow chains, as required, in order to drive safely around the resort
- Setting up/cleaning fires on hosts days off
- Stocking up log/kindle supply when required
- Changing over hot tubs on changeover days
- Removing all rubbish and recycling from chalets on chef and hosts days off
- Help the chalet managers with the distribution of supplies to chalets when required
- Responsible for taking the chalet laundry to the drop off point and collection of it several times throughout the week
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Salary: £175 per week paid into a UK bank account on a monthly basis
Lift Pass: Full Three Valleys
Dates: End November to end of April (exact dates TBC)
Accommodation: Shared, and sharing a room with up to 1 other person. Inclusive of all utility bills
Benefits: Return travel between the UK and St Martin de Belleville, Ski or snowboard hire, Uniform
We are also recruiting for a driving role that requires some nannying and hosting so please do get in touch if this is a role you are interested in applying for.