To apply for this role you must:
- Hold previous waiting-on experience and have experience of running your own station.
- Cleaning experience is also essential, ideally in a hotel setting.
- This role is varied and will include bar cover, housekeeping and meal service on a daily basis. The role is also heavily customer facing so previous customer service experience is desirable along with a passion for the Alpine environment!
Reporting to the Hotel Manager you will provide a warm, welcoming atmosphere for guests in our Hotels. You will assist with serving breakfast, work at the bar and serve dinner to our guests, ensuring a high level of customer service at all times. You will carry out daily and weekly housekeeping duties ensuring that the Hotel is always at its highest standard.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To provide guests with a personal holiday experience with the highest service and cleanliness levels.
- To perform daily and weekly cleaning jobs to company standards on bedrooms and all public areas
- Serving customers on the bar in an effective and friendly manner
- Provide a smooth running efficient breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner service
- To ensure that appropriate clean uniform is worn at all times
- To ensure that all local information that maybe of relevance to customers is clearly displayed and passed onto customers
- To actively upsell any additional extras that the Hotel may offer
- Internal: Hotel Manager, Assistant Manager, Head Chef , Restaurant Supervisor, Housekeeping Supervisor
- External: Suppliers
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
- Highly Motivated (E)
- Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
- Ability to cope under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
- Honest and Trustworthy (E)
Skills & Ability
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
- Sales Experience (HD)
- Planning Organisational Skills (E)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- IT / Admin / Social Media (E)
- Spoken English to conversational level (E)
- Relevant Transferable work Experience (E)
- Secure Cash Handling Experience (HD)