Chalet Hosts Position 2020-21
We are looking for 3 couples (Chalet hosts/cooks) to run our 3 catered chalets In Bansko, Bulgaria.
Unfortunately we are not able to employ British hosts this year unless you also hold a passport from a European country, or an existing valid EU working visa.
Previous experience of the hospitality industry is essential and applicants who have run a catered chalet before are strongly preferred. One of you should be experienced enough to cook healthy and wholesome food to a very high standard. A keenness to provide a fabulous skiing holiday experience for our guests and maintain our outstanding reputation for customer service is essential. The ability to problem solve, work well under pressure and be autonomous are also essential qualities.
Early December 2020 - Mid April 2021.
We are a small independent company dedicated to our staff and our guests alike. We hope that in providing for our staff first, this in turn will provide our clients with exceptional service. We are passionate about providing a great holiday experience and exceptional service so that our guests have the perfect skiing holiday and want to return year after year. All 3 of our Bansko chalets were awarded the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2019 and we have also won a Travellers Choice award 2020.
Working for us:
We are looking for individuals who are customer focused, hard working, have lots of energy, enjoy meeting a diverse range of people and have a good sense of humour. Our positions would suit those who are self-directed and happy to take on any task to ensure our customers have a brilliant time.
Chalet Chef /Host Duties:
In these roles you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the customer experience in the chalet. This will also include shopping and managing the weekly shopping budget, helping guests get the most out of their time in resort, keeping the chalet sparkling clean, creating a warm and welcoming environment for the guests, and since our chalets are fully catered, this importantly involves preparing and serving high quality breakfast and evening meals for the guests 6 days a week, using our pre-planned menus.
Previous Relevant Experience and Skills:
- Chalet host/chef experience or similar
- Cooking and presentation of meals to a high standard
- Very strong customer service skills
- Hard working, self-driven and can-do attitude
- Domestic experience (running a home, cleaning etc)
- Strong organisational skills and willingness to work as part of a small team
- Sense of humour, flexible attitude and desire to please the customer
- Confidence in driving in snowy conditions (though training is provided)
- Good standard of skiing and confident to ski with the guests (preferred but not essential)
- Organise and deliver an informative welcome speech, ensuring that all sales for ski packs and après ski activities are maximized to achieve and wherever possible exceed targets set
- Represent Total Chalets at the ski rental shop assisting our guests with ski fit on their arrival
- Collection and distribution of pre-ordered ski passes
- Follow an agreed upon weekly menu (catering for different dietary needs) and cook and serve breakfast, afternoon tea and 3 course dinner on 6 days
- Manage stock levels, food rotation, shopping lists and weekly budget
- Responsible for managing transfer of guests to and from slopes, shops, bars
- Manage and work together with an external cleaner on changeover day and check standards
- Maintain excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness (both personal and the chalet itself)
- Basic chalet cleaning and DIY maintenance day to day
- Build a rapport with the guests and positively add to their overall holiday experience
- Publish weekly photos to for marketing purposes on our social media platforms – food served, the snow, chalet photos etc
Our package and benefits
We are a small and personal company to work for who are on hand to help and support 24/7 from in Resort Manager.
- Fantastic private accommodation within easy walking distance of the chalet
- Bansko season ski pass (or money equivalent if you prefer)
- Competitive salary paid in local currency in resort
- Opportunity to earn big commissions on in-resort activities
- Bonus scheme based on achievements and reviews
- Mountain emergency insurance
- Free board/ski hire for the season
- Travel to and from resort (Europe to BG flights and transfers between Sofia and Bansko)
- Breakfast and dinner supplied 6 days a week
- Free use of sauna, steam and pool at nearby hotel
- Company uniform (t-shirts and hoodies)
- Discounts at some of the local bars/clubs
- Our staff are usually able to live off the tips and commissions and save up their salary
You will have 2 weeks training in all aspects of the Chalet including practice meals, budget keeping and minibus driving training. This will include some fun excursions and days out to get used to the local language, shops and bars.
To apply please send a copy of your CV's with a recent photograph and a covering letter explaining why you are looking to spend a season in the mountains.
Applicants must hold an EU passport or valid work permit and at least one of the pair should hold a valid driving license.
For more information please apply online now.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Laura and Jay