Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
Our Childcare Manager has an involved role at the heart of our resort management team. The Childcare Manager is the champion of all childcare issues in the company and will be consulted on all key operational decisions. Ski Famille childcarers and nannies are the reason that so many of our guests return year after year.
The successful applicant will hold relevant childcare qualifications and have a proven track record of managing staff in a childcare environment. This is a challenging but very rewarding position. You will be a key member of the team; your opinions and knowledge are invaluable to the success of the season. It is mainly a hands off role, although there will be times when it is necessary to work with your team in our chalets, during high pressure weeks and in case of sickness.
Above all, you will show a dedication and passion towards ensuring that our guests, of all ages, have the best possible holiday. A positive attitude and genuine enthusiasm will be your key characteristics.
- Managing and motivating a team of staff of childcarers
- Liaising with parents
- Keeping track of all equipment; ordering and purchasing replacement items
- Monitoring the cleanliness and condition of playrooms
- Preparing for weekly arrivals
- Liaising with the ski school providers
- Completing all paperwork on time and efficiently
- Holding weekly meetings with the childcare team
- Having an overview of the childcare service at all
- Regular feedback to the Head of Operations
- You will be expected to visit each chalet every day, spending time with the children, parents and staff.
- Your team should look upon you as an approachable confidant to turn to in times of need, as well as the figure of authority who earns their respect.
- Either NVQ Level 3, NNEB, CACHE, BTEC, RGN, RSCN, or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven childcare experience and be fully qualified to work with young babies
- You must hold a valid First Aid Certificate
- Have previous team leadership experience
- Must be aged 25 or over (age restrictions are due to insurance on vehicles)
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- UK Passport
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK Bank Account
- Availability for the whole season (Late November 2019 until April 2020)
You do not need to have worked in a ski resort before or have language skills, whilst useful, are not required. We will conduct DBS (previously CRB) checks as well as taking up at least two references.