The Alpine Generation are now recruiting Chalet Hosts for Winter 2020/2021! We have roles available across our key resorts of Morzine, La Rosiere, Le Praz, La Tania and La Plagne.
Who are The Alpine Generation?
The Alpine Generation team know what it’s like to host a chalet and spend a winter season in the Alps. Between us we’ve worked for, and stayed with, many of the large tour operators and the independent chalet companies. We recognise the crucial role that our hosts play in making sure our guests want to return to us year after year. We pride ourselves on fostering a supportive atmosphere for our hosts, offering hands on assistance and guidance where it's needed.
About our Chalet Hosts:
Our Chalet Hosts are largely responsible for providing our guests with a great catering experience, a clean and comfortable chalet and a wealth of knowledge about the resort. To download the full job description, please click here.
In particular, we are keen to hear from mature, enthusiastic people who have a positive outlook, a passion for creating delicious food, fantastic attention to detail, and a proven ability to quickly build strong relationships with a variety of different people.
Available Chalet Hosting Roles:
- Chalet Hosts - hosting our smaller chalet-apartments (usually in multi-apartment buildings).
- Chalet Host Couples - hosting our larger chalets is a two person job!
- Flexi-Hosts - rather than being assigned to one chalet, this role supports our team of hosts across a number of different properties
- A passion and enthusiasm for cooking: We are looking for a good underlying knowledge of cooking, alongside experience of catering for large dinner parties, a background in catering or cooking, or attendance on a chalet-focused cookery course.
- A keen interest in people: Interpersonal skills are just as important to us as work experience and catering ability. We are looking for hosts who are friendly, sociable and approachable, who will enjoy getting to know new guests every week.
- High performance standards: You should be determined to perform all aspects of your role to the highest possible standards; be it cleaning, food preparation, chalet administration or guest interaction.
- Excellent organisational skills: Half the battle of being a chalet host is already won if you can plan your time effectively, and work efficiently.
- A good level of physical fitness and stamina: The role involves a lot of time on your feet (working and skiing!)
- A love of skiing or boarding!
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to balance the demands of a busy winter season and ensure that our guests have the holiday of a lifetime, please click Apply Online below, and attach your CV, covering letter, and a recent photograph.
Please note that all applicants must be British or EU passport holders or in possession of a valid French work permit. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.