To apply for this role you must:
- Have completed a chalet cookery course or hold an equivalent catering qualification. We also welcome applications from mature candidates who are qualified by experience.
- You will be solely responsible for all the cooking and cleaning in your chalet as well as delivering exceptional customer service in all these areas.
- Previous hospitality experience is also desirable along with a passion for cooking and the Alpine environment!
- These requirements are essential to ensure you are capable and comfortable in meeting our company standards.
As an Alpine Elements Chalet Host you will represent the company and be directly responsible for ensuring all of our chalet customer’s holiday expectations are exceeded. You will be responsible for hygiene, cooking, stock-control and budgeting, you'll keep things running smoothly and efficiently at all times. Creating a welcoming atmosphere for your guests, you will be servicing rooms and communal areas daily. Providing breakfast, high quality 3 or 4 course evening meals, homemade cakes and biscuits for afternoon tea and a continental breakfast with hot option. All our chalet hosts are recruited ready to be in sole charge of one of our chalets, or working as part of a team in a larger property. Either way, you’ll need to be friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic ready to share your passion for good food and deliver excellent customer service.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To ensure Alpine Elements Chalet guests expectations are exceeded at all opportunities
- Service rooms, bathrooms and communal areas daily.
- Clear snow from paths and footways, windows and escape routes
- Deep clean all chalet areas on transfer days
- Conduct weekly chalet welcome meetings
- Ensure that the appropriate clean uniform is worn at all times.
- Prepare to our high standard; breakfast including hot option, Cakes for Afternoon Tea and a set menu three / four course evening meal
- Sell and Prepare to Order customer Packed Lunches
- Assist guests with luggage to rooms, escorting to and from local ski hire shops.
- Ensuring you achieve set targets for guest satisfaction scores for “First Impressions”, cleanliness, food and comfort.
- Internal: Resort Chalet Manager, Chalet Hosts, Chalet Chefs
- External: Suppliers, Property Owners.
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
- Highly Motivated
- Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
- Ability to cope under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
- Honest and Trustworthy (E)
Skills & Ability
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
- Sales experience (HD)
- Planning Organisational Skills (E)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- IT / Admin / Social Media (E)
- Conversational French / German (D)
- Chalet Cookery Course (HD)
- Food Hygiene Certification (HD)
- Relevant Transferable work Experience (E)
- Secure Cash Handling (HD)
- Catering for up to 12 Customers (E)
- Catering to 4* a Set Menu (E)