Our Chalet Chefs are key to delivering delicious, high quality meals to all our guests, from our youngest to oldest!
We work with high quality suppliers and we expect you to exceed all guests culinary expectations.
Ski Famille guests look forward to returning from a day on the slopes to a well presented homemade meal in a beautiful chalet; your skills, ability and attention to detail can make their holiday.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident chef to demonstrate their experience and love of food to a wise age range of customers.
You will be well presented, highly organised and comfortable working under your own initiative to manage a kitchen and ensure meals are cooked to a high standard.
You will work with Resort Managers to source and order your supplies, being mindful to budgets and cost control at all times.
Our family chalets sleep between 9 and 30 guests and most kitchens are open plan, allowing you to share your passion and mountain experiences with the guests.
Chalet Chef Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent care free holiday to all traveling guests
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in your chalet
- Cook and present all meals, (including children’s meals) afternoon cakes and canapes to a consistently high standard, understanding the age differences and culinary variations within our portfolio of guests and adapting to deal with dietary requirements when necessary
- Organise weekly orders and deliveries and carefully manage stock and costs
- Maintain a high standard of kitchen hygiene and cleanliness at all times
- Assist the Chalet Hosts with cleaning, general chalet presentation and weekly chalet deep cleans
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and are always actively seeking out opportunities to make the holiday fun and trouble free
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- Previous experience in hospitality, cleaning & housekeeping skills are essential
- Great self-motivation and organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible & enthusiastic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances & to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult & child holiday needs
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable & would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Availability for the whole season (Mid November 2020 until end April 2021)
- We will conduct DBS (previously CRB) checks as well as taking up at least two references
We welcome applications from
- UK nationals (pending Brexit negotiations, you may need to apply for a working visa)
- UK/EU Dual passport holders
- Nationalities from one of the 27 EU members
- Other nationalities as long as you will have the right to live and work in France for the upcoming winter season
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you:
- A highly competitive salary plus holiday pay
- Accommodation for the duration of the season
- Meals during your working hours
- Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- Accident and medical insurance
- Return travel from the UK
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- End of season bonus
- A fantastic opportunity & life experience
If you are hardworking, committed to the high standards we offer our guests and looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you.
Apply today by sending your C.V a covering letter & a 7 day menu plan by using the Apply Online button below.
Meal plans must include
- A hot breakfast option
- Afternoon tea
- Children’s hot lunch
- Three course evening meal plus canapes.
- Please also include vegetarian options for each meal.