Alpine Elements Ltd is a medium sized tour operator specialising in ski and summer beach & alpine activity holidays operating throughout France, Greece and St.Anton, Austria, with their sister company iGO SKi offering short ski breaks. We employ up to 200 overseas, seasonal staff, in addition to a permanent head office team, working all year round to deliver the best product for our clients and support for our employees.
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our ever growing French office team in Aigueblanche. The initial contract will be 6-7 months with the possibility of being made permanent. You will be required to work 5 days per week, 9am-6pm. The successful candidate will have a love for spreadsheets and skiing alike! You will be able to take advantage of a Meribel local area lift pass at weekends when the slopes are at their quietest.
In addition to a desirable seasonal salary of £14,000 per annum you will be provided with accommodation in Brides Les Bains and return flights/ferry crossing to/from France.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Stock control – weekly stock control of all food, wine, cleaning products, toiletries, linen
- Assist with resort staff training at start of season and occasional visits to ensure resort staff are following procedures
- Point of contact for resort staff queries
- Maintain office petty cash
- Upload petty cash accounts to Sage
- Assist with preparation of weekly reports
- Other tasks as required that ensure the smooth running of accounts department
- Ensure accurate and timely load of resort sales into resort sales system
- Reconcile supplier invoices to resort sales system and approve for payment
- Populate resort sales system with lift pass, equipment and tuition information
- Internal: Hotel Managers, UK Accounts team, Hotel Montana Bookkeeper Administrator, Assistant Managers, Head Chefs, Resort Chalet Managers, Resort Representatives, Maintenance
- External: Suppliers, Local Authority’s, Property Owners
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
- Highly Motivated (E)
- Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
- Ability to cope under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
Skills & Ability
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
- Planning Organisational Skills (E)
- Literate and Highly Numerate (E)
- IT / Admin / Social Media (E)
- Conversational French / German/ Greek (HD)
- Secure Cash Handling (E)
- Relevant Transferable work Experience (E)
- Previous accounts experience - processing invoices, bank reconciliations (E)
- Solid excel experience (E)
- Sage experience (HD)
Applicants with their own car are highly desirable.